- Writing to a specific audience
- Writing a fictional narrative, with a beginning, a middle, an end, and a problem to resolve
- Writing effective dialogue
- Designing a book layout
- Illustrating a picture book
- Creating a "presentation quality" final product
- Reading our stories to the littlest members of our school community
The targeted due date for completion is Friday, so those who have progressed slowly on their stories need to get moving. That being said, it's going to be a crazy week anyway, so we will make the best use of any available class time with me to get them done. There will be no Spelling/Grammar/Vocabulary packets this week. Social Studies will take a back seat, too, I'm afraid, since schedules will be interrupted.
Besides, it's not a bad thing to slow down a bit and enjoy a good book...
I hope you all have a warm and restful evening.
P.S. Before you go, check out the post directly below this one. It's pretty amazing!