PART 1: THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
- Introduction to the Endocrine System (Scenario)
- Shared experiences
- "Glands on Strike!" & word search activities
Tuesday: (Gotta know this stuff!)
- Vocabulary (Want to practice? Click HERE!)
- Labeling: How the Body Works Activity: The Endocrine System
Wednesday: Prepare to be awesome! We're writing a song about the Endocrine System--it's a group endeavor!
Friday: Complete our song (We'll include it on next week's blog!)
|Endocrine System |
- THE ENDOCRINE SYSTEM Lots of stuff to read or listen to HERE!
- F.Y.I.: we have different kinds of glands that serve different purposes; check out this brief explanation: What Are Glands?
|Yea, but don't stop there. . .|
Tuesday: Writer's Notebooks! Let's write a monologue based on the book, My Brother Dan's Delicious. Try to convince some heinous creature (one of your own choosing) not to turn you into an adolescent shish-kebab. Remember to include a good intro, 3 life-saving justifications, and a conclusion (5 paragraphs). Oh, and throw in an alliterative phrase somewhere, OK? An enticing title will conclude your piece just fine!
Fix the Comma Error worksheet HERE
Writers' Notebooks & Writing Prompt due today.
WEDNESDAY: Create a chart showing the difference between Greek and Roman gods. Provide name and brief description for each of the 12 major gods—the Olympians: Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Dionysus, Hera, Hermes, Hephaestus, Poseidon, Zeus.
- List of Greek/Roman names for 12 Olympians
- Chart that includes 12 Olympians as well as others
- Brief description of Greek and Roman gods Click on links for each.
- Want to use an interactive site? HERE you go!
- Click on your god or goddess of choice HERE to read about their characteristics.
Monday: "A little more practice with conversions" worksheet (the ole' "Drill & Kill") Calculators permitted.
Tuesday: Converting Units of Weight & Mass -- pages 29-230 & 6.3
Wednesday: How are we doing? Mid-Chapter Checkpoint
Thursday: Correct and Repair
Some of us are having trouble with CONVERSIONS (how many ounces in a pound, etc.). Look HERE for conversion charts. (Click on "measurements," then "US conversions.") Make it a point to learn these! Yikes!
|. . .which is. . .|
|Long feathers of rime on the Mt. Washington Summit sign|