We conclude our study of Vikings this week with a completion of a "Runes" activity, a look into Viking Longships and Longboats, a model of a Viking Longship, and a video. The Viking Webquest is due tomorrow for grade 6 and Wednesday for grade 5. Please be sure it's completed on time since our schedule this week is pretty full!
ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF
- Word Study/Spelling, Grade 5:
- Monday--Page 81
- Tuesday--No assignment (Spelling Assessment instead)
- Wednesday--Pages 83-84
- Thursday--Pages 85-86
- Friday--Pages 87-88
- Language Arts, Grades 5 & 6:
- Monday--Both classes: Creating an effective hook mini-lesson / Complete the LCEAF Paragraph Template and highlight the evidence that supports your point of view from the reading.
- Tuesday--Grade 6 will type paragraphs based on their templates and turn both in for assessment. Grade 5 will be at the Flynn.
- Wednesday-- Grade 6 will work on their (short) Viking Longship and Longboats Webquest (look here for information) and complete their "Write Your Name in Runes" activity so that Grade 5 will have a chance to type paragraphs based on their templates and turn both in for assessment.
- Thursday--"Show, Don't Tell" activity, both classes.
- Friday--Finish up "Show, Don't Tell" activities, both classes.
- Social Studies, Grades 5 & 6:
- Monday--Grade 5: finish up Viking Webquests and begin working on Longship models.
- Tuesday--no classes. We're off to the Flynn
- Wednesday--Grade 5: Viking Longships and Longboats (short) Webquest (look here for information), and continued work on Longship models.
- Thursday--Grade 6: Correct Viking Webquests and begin working on Longship models.
- Friday--no class (homeroom time)
JUST FOR FUN:
Want to create your very own proverb? Check out this link:
Viking ship #1 image: http://airgroup2000.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12122/11~15.jpg
Viking ship #2 image: http://www.legendtheatre.com/shows.html