Friday, September 25, 2009

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. B.B. King

Well, FINALLY! Google has been down for two days (How can that be?) so my blog has been non-functioning. Sorry, everybody. Let's see if I can get you back on track.

Today, as all Fridays tend to be, was a day to tie up loose ends, go over the week's work, take our Spelling test, etc. My class should have turned in their Mission Statements. If they didn't, they're late and need to be completed asap. We'll be "antiquing" them as soon as we have them all. Those that are in will be retyped in calligraphy (one of my weekend jobs--I've got the font on my computer) and readied for the next step.

We watched an interesting short clip about the Iroquois Confederacy yesterday as a follow up to the assignment from Monday. Did you get a chance to read the article I gave the kids? Anyway, this five-minute clip is really worth a watch!
I love learning something new...

Cover those plants tonight; it's going to be nippy... Have a great weekend!