Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20 "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


Awesome Explorer Movie

(Matt's great idea for a title)
Prince Henry the Navigator of Portugal
and Sea Exploration in the 15th Century





Another fun day. There's so much to read about and do in this Explorers unit. The sixth grade made our compasses today, and checked out the apture links on yesterday's blog. There's a wealth of information there to peruse. For example. there are two short videos in the compass link... One explains how to find north if you're in the woods without a compass; the other one shows how to make a compass at home (or at camp...) with simple household materials. I'm having fun finding these things for the kids (and you, hopefully) to enjoy.

Oh no!! I just tried to replace an old link with one I though would be more fun in my list of links, and accidentally deleted them all! Good thing no one else was in the building... my mournful wail would have startled them. I'll try to find more, and get them up and running asap. I don't know how to retrieve the ones I lost, do any of you?? (I'll leave my blog open just in case turning it off will prove even more detrimental.) ARGHHHHH!

I'm having a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad moment... Sigh.

Teri