Welcome to the shortest month of the year--and the one that marks a turning point in winter. Days are getting noticeably longer and the promise of March is within reach. I like March. With it, I begin my spring planning -- March, to me, holds the promise of spring in its muddy hands.
ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 4 - 8
SPELLING, GRADE 6
(No task cards this week! I have other plans for you. . . wa, ha, ha!)
- Monday: pages 147-148
- Tuesday: pages 149-150
- Wednesday: pages 151-152
- Thursday: 153-156
- Friday: TESTTESTTESTTESTTESTTESTTEST
- Monday: Brochures due--finish up! Presentations Wednesday.
- Tuesday: February Center Square Activity -- Start & Stop Poetry. Finish first drafts for Thursday..
- Wednesday: Oral presentations -- Survival Guides (These are hilarious!)
- Thursday: Start & Stop Poetry. Discussion and writing 2nd drafts. Two poems are due for tomorrow.
- Friday: Sharing poetry. Peer feedback/revision as needed. Get ready for Awesome Art Day on Monday--we'll write and decorate our writer's notebooks with our brilliant poems.
- Monday (Mrs. M.): Pyramid, pages 28-41. Answer questions 21-30 & complete vocabulary word search (gotta love those easy As!)
- Tuesday(Mrs. D.): See above.
- Wednesday: Pyramid, pages 28-41. Complete activities
- floor plan of a tomb
- list of possessions for a blissful afterlife
- My how we've changed: pyramid-building methods then and now
- Thursday: See above. Also, phase 1 of (ta, da, da. . .) mummifying chickens.
- Friday (Mrs. M.): OK, the chicken is thawed; time to mummify.
Only one book project/story map due this month. We'll spend a class day making our projects; just have your book read in time!
Other news: Bring in "sweets" for Bingo Night by Wednesday.
Class Valentine's party on Friday morning, February 15th. What can you bring? Balance Go foods and Whoa foods -- let's do a brunch theme!
What a week!