Welcome back -- I hope you all had a great vacation! We're nearing the end of the second marking period and gearing up for the home stretch. Already! Where does the time go??
I hope you all received the letter I send home to you last week with your students. It was on fluorescent yellow paper and included comprehensive time-sensitive information about your child's progress. There was a section to sign and return, and to date, I've only received four. Please ask your child to dig into the darkest recesses of his/her backpack and find it for you if you don't already have it. Along with the letter was a personalized list of still overdue assignments that were to be turned in no later than Monday morning (2/25). Any papers still missing are now zeros. Please note that from this point forward, overdue papers will lose 10 points for each day they are late. It's crunch time!
ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF
FEBRUARY 25 -- MARCH 1
--Writers' Notebooks due Wednesday --
--Book projects due Thursday --
--Presentations of Book Projects on Friday!
- Monday: Task cards & pages 159-160
- Tuesday: Task cards & pages 161-162
- Wednesday: Task cards & pages 163-164
- Thursday: Task cards & pages 165-166
- Friday: Test & collect 5 task cards.
- Monday: Review common errors in grammar. Assignment: Complete Four Kinds of Sentences worksheet for Tuesday. "Mini-Poster" project due Friday.
- Tuesday: Complete reading comprehension and critical thinking collaborative activity using the article, "Screen Time," which used medical research to analyze the effects of electronic devices on sleep -- and learning.
- Wednesday: Conclude yesterday's activity with analytical writing prompt and self-scoring rubric.
- Thursday: Study of run-on sentences and fragments. Complete worksheet.
- Friday: "Big Honkin' Test" (not really-I just like the way it sounds). Do you want to practice? Check out this fun interactive site!
Assessments all this week.
- Monday: Complete final reading of Pyramids, and compete activity packet for next class. Also complete last ten questions in comprehension packet.
- Tuesday: Same as above.
- Wednesday: Movie, "Pyramid."
- Thursday: Same as above.
- Friday: no class.
That's it for another week. Assessments and reviews, mostly. I hope you all have a relaxing evening.
Oh-so-appropriate cartoon image: http://cartoonstudio.co.uk/images/00Christmas/GettingToWork.jpg