Winter break is upon us, and I believe we are in dire need of a little R & R. Please be looking for Parent Conference invitations on Wednesday. As important, on Thursday you should receive a letter and detailed Progress Report for your child (For Social Studies and Language Arts). Please fill in the information on the second page and return it to me at your earliest convenience. (Stick it in your child's backpack, perhaps? With vacation upon us, it might be hard to keep track of. . .) It's simply an indication that you, in fact, received the progress report. There is also a place to indicate whether or not you will be able to attend Parent Conferences on March 15th. You were given the same time you chose for your first conference; hopefully that will work out for you. Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF
FEBRUARY 11 - 15
FEBRUARY 11 - 15
SPELLING, GRADE 6
No assignments this week. We'll this time to catch up on missing work and work on our typing program.
Monday through Thursday:
- Transfer edited Start & Stop poems (2) to Writers' Notebooks. Presentation quality!
- Be sure all writing assignments have been transferred to Language Arts notebooks.
- Organize them -- put all writing pieces in the appropriate sections.
- Turn information from Survival Guides into Basic Explanatory Essay format. These can be great examples of procedure pieces!
- Update "Books I Have Read in 5th/6th Grade" lists.
- Continue catching up on back work.
- Mrs M.'s homeroom -- the great mummification process begins!
- Mrs. D.'s homeroom -- Pyramid, pages 42-59. Answer questions 31-38 and complete packet (three short activities). Due Thursday.
- Mrs. M.'s homeroom -- Same as above.
- Mrs. D.'s class -- Turn in assignments from Tuesday. Complete class activity. (TBA)
- Mrs. M.'s homeroom: Turn in assignments from Wednesday. No class today.
HEY KIDS-- Here's a great interactive site for those of you who would like to explore Ancient Egypt from the comfort of your own home. Check it out!
Another great interactive site to visit is this one! Scroll down the left to find tons of great links. You can get lost in all the cool stuff you'll find here!
Have a safe and enjoyable holiday, everyone. Thanks for all you do. I'll see you at conference time!
Wonderful Thinking Cap Image: http://scooptoo.com/wp-content/woo_uploads/254-gifted_image.jpg